Statistics: 8486 characters 1328 words
No. 8393, Kipa, Eseta, Uhao Akau (North) Ahupuaa, District of Lahaina, Island of Maui, Volume 36, pps 273-277 [RP Reel 17, 188-192.tif]
Land Patent No. 8393 Issued In Confirmation of Land Commission Award
Whereas, the Board of Commissioners to quiet Land Titles, did, by their decision, award by Land Commission Award No. 7582 to Eseta Kipa an estate of Freehold less than Allodial in the land hereafter described, and
Whereas, application has been made to the Commissioner of Public Lands by Pioneer Mill Company, Limited, the present owner of said land for a Patent covering same, and
Whereas, the Government Commutation was released by resolution of the Privy Council dated May 30, 1853, and
Whereas, a Certificate of Boundaries defining said land has been filed with the Commissioner of Public Lands, and by him numbered 226;
Now, Therefore, the Governor of the Territory of Hawaii, in conformity with the Laws of the United States of America and of the Territory of Hawaii, by this Patent makes known to all men that he has this day granted and confirmed absolutely, in Fee Simple, unto Eseta Kipa, all of the land situate at Lahaina, in the District of Lahaina, Island of Maui, bounded and described as follows:
Portions of the Ahupuaa of Kuhua 1, Lahaina, Maui.
Beginning at a concrete post marked [triangle with dot in it] on the mauka side of Wainee Street at the west corner of a portion of Kuhua 2, Land Commission Award 7716, Apana 10, to R. Keelikolani, the co-ordinates of said concrete post referred to the Laina Triangulation Station being 6200.7 feet south and 3977.6 feet west and running by true azimuths:
1. 328° 01' 30.8 feet along mauka side of Wainee St.
2. 57° 00' 338.2 feet across Wainee St. and along Land Commission Award 303, Apana 2, to Kuakamauna and Land Commission Award 11148, Apana 3, to Hale in Kuhua 2;
3. 49° 50' 128 feet along portion of Kuhua 2, Land Commission Award 7716, Apana 10, R. Keelikolani;
4. 47° 00' 395 feet along Land Commission Award 638, Apana 2, to Imi ....
[End of Top Preview]
This document has been trimmed for your preview.
To view and download this record, add to your document tray by clicking on the button.
Add to Document Tray
[Start of Bottom Preview (1/3 of document)]
.... feet along land of Wahikuli;
10. 111° 15' 513.2 feet along same to the point of beginning.
Area 70.7 Acres.
In Kahoma Valley
Beginning at the northeast corner of Apana 2 of Land Commission Award 1001 to Keaweluaole, at a point whose co-ordinates referred to the Laina Triangulation Station are 268.9 feet north and 4606.5 feet east, and running by true azimuths:
1. 44° 00' 62 feet along Apana 2 of Land Commission Award 1001 to Keaweluaole in Paunau;
2. 70° 00' 110 feet along same to edge of stream;
3. Northwesterly along the Kahoma Stream, the direct azimuth and distance being 111° 31' 407 feet;
4. 251° 10' 80 feet along Kuholilea 4, Apana 26, of Land Commission Award 8559B to W.C. Lunalilo;
5. 279° 00' 137 feet along Apana 2 of Land Commission Award 10431 to Hipoa in Kuholilea 4;
6. 272° 00' 89 feet along same;
7. 284° 25' 113.3 feet along same;
8. 277° 00' 50 feet along same;
9. 324° 00' 44 feet along same;
10. 268° 00' 40 feet along same to the point of beginning.
Area 1.00 Acres, a little more or less.
Total Area 89.20 Acres
(For map of the land hereinabove described, see Registered Map No. 2782, on file in the Office of the Territorial Surveyor in the Territorial Office Building, Honolulu.)
[Page 276 blank]
Containing 89.20 Acres, more or less
To have and to hold the above granted land in Fee Simple, absolute unto the said Eseta Kipa and the heirs and assigns of Eseta Kipa forever.
In Witness whereof, The Governor of the Territory of Hawaii, has hereto set his hand and caused the Great Seal of the Territory to be hereunto affixed, this 3 day of April, A.D. 1928.
By the Acting Governor, Raymond C. Brown
C.T. Bailey, Commissioner of Public Lands
Approved as to form: E.R. McGhee
Deputy Attorney General
Written by A.S.G.
Checked by G.A.
[Royal Land Patent No. 8393, Kipa, Eseta, Uhao Akau (North) Ahupuaa, District of Lahaina, Island of Maui, 3 apana, 89.20 Acres, 1928]